Be a Vendor @ the 15th Caribbean Day at the Park, September 5, 2021
Big excitement and large crowds at the largest North Alabama family fun day
Freddie Mcgregor Selected To Receive 2013 Marcus Garvey Lifetime Achievement Award From Institute Of Caribbean Studies
Washington, DC - He is a pioneer of ska and reggae music and remains an icon of the genres. The Institute of Caribbean Studies will honor the legendary contributions of Freddie McGregor by presenting him with the 2013 Marcus Garvey Lifetime Achievement Award. He will be presented the award during the 20th Annual Caribbean American Heritage Awards (CARAH) Gala at the JW Marriott on Friday, Nov. 22.
The Marcus Garvey Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes an individual of Caribbean or Caribbean-American descent who has been instrumental in the development or creation of an essential facet of Caribbean Culture. Across the globe, McGregor is recognized as a legend of reggae. He has been a part of reggae at every stage of its development and has been crucial in shaping its evolution over the years.
"Each year, ICS is proud to present the Marcus Garvey Lifetime Achievement Award to an individual who epitomizes commitment and unmatched contributions to expanding awareness about Caribbean culture. Freddie McGregor meets all these criteria and much more," said ICS President and Founder Dr. Claire Nelson.
"As we mark out 20th year of honoring Caribbean stalwarts and emerging stars, we are honored that Freddie will stand among our golden honorees for this year. We are excited that he will accept the award on Nov. 22."
McGregor will join seven other extraordinary Caribbean-Americans who are being honored by ICS for their accomplishments in science, art, culture, medicine and corporate stewardship. The other 2013 honorees include:
Camille Wardrop Alleyne, Ed.D - NASA Engineer will receive the Excellence in Science & Technology Award.
Etienne Charles - Jazz Musician will be presented with the Trailblazer Award.
Guy Harvey - Marine Biologist, will receive the Luminary Award.
Jimmy Jean Louis - Actor will receive the Excellence in the Arts Award.
Shala Monroque - Model/style & art consultant will accept the Vanguard Award.
Deborah Persuad - HIV Researcher/Pediatrician will receive the Outstanding Contribution to Medicine Award.
Kim Watson - Corporate steward, will be presented the Outstanding Community Service Award.
To find out more about our honorees, visit the CARAH website at www.caribbeanheritageawards.org.
The Caribbean American Heritage (CARAH) Awards were instituted in 1994 by the Institute of Caribbean Studies in order to demonstrate the contributions that Caribbean immigrants make to the USA. Also honored fom time to time are Friends of the Caribbean whose work contribute to the wellbeing and welfare of the Caribbean peoples. ICS' Founder and President, Dr. Claire Nelson cites the CARAH Awards as part of the organization's campaign to ensure that the conversation on the future of America and immigration includes a recognition of the indivisible historical linkages between the US and the Caribbean.
The Institute of Caribbean Studies (ICS), founded in 1993, is a non-partisan, non-proft, 501 (c) (3) organization dedicated to policy analysis, advocacy and education on issues that advance the interests of Caribbean Americans. ICS is the Campaign Chair and Lead Advocate for the Commemoration of June asNational Caribbean American Heritage Month.
- Health And Longevity Caribbean Cruise
- Cana To Host Eighth Caribbean Day At The Park On Sunday, September 1, 2013
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be A Vendor At Caribbean Day At The Park 2013
- Beres Hammond And Maxi Priest In Huntsville Aug 24th, 2013
- Caribbean Day At The Park 2013 Flyer
- Huntsville: You Do Not Want To Miss This Event Labor Day Weekend
- Caribbean Association Of North Alabama Inc Press Conference On Monday August 26th
- News Conference With Arts Council, Vistors Bureau, City Offiice Etc
- Huntsville Hospital Mobile Unit At Caribbean Day At The Park
- Unique Family Fun Festival In Huntsville October 13
- Central Alabama Caribbean Association Dinner Dance
- Nashville Caribbean Connection To Participate In African Steet Festival, Celebrate Nashville And Caribbean Sunday
- Online Caribbean Radio Station From Birmingham Alabama
- Huntsville Reggae Band Live At The Lowe Mill
- New Cxc Website To Help Student With Caribbean Cxc Preparation
- Caribbean Worship Experience In Nashville
- Caribbean Shipping Service Shipment Date
- Symposium On The Future Of The City
- Bob Marley Birthday Celebration In Huntsville
- Huntsville Dinner And Show: For Immediate Release